Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Game Day


Saturdays are my favorite days out of the whole week because Saturdays are game days! Without these special days in my life that only take place once a week, I would spend my weekends in my bed on Netflix. Oh wait, that's what I do anyway. Let's get to it.

Since it is the Fall League right now, every Saturday there is a game schedule that takes place at Kearns. The games start from 7:30 in the morning and go until 4:30 in the afternoon, and, surprise, I am there for that whole time on most days. You are probably now thinking, "This girl doesn't even have a life. Like, she spends her whole Saturdays at a small, humid pool in polluted Salt Lake." Guess what? You are COMPLETELY right.

Photo Courtesy of : Keep Calm O-Matic

Now since we have finished our introductions to this topic, I will go through a day in the life of me on game day.

First things first, I wake up at around seven in the morning. I get dressed (slowly) and make my way downstairs. Next I pack my bag which includes snacks, such as rice krispie treats, baguettes, more rice krispie treats, and another baguette; two game suits; two towels (depending on how many games I have); and some lotion because that pool makes your skin fried. After my bag is packed, I make some breakfast that usually consists of a pound of bacon, a pound of bread, and a pound of juice. You want to make sure that your breakfast has carbs, proteins, and fruits for a balanced meal :).  I also make sure that I bring a full water bottle to the games so I can stay hydrated. Once everything is packed and ready to go, we leave on a 45 minute drive to Kearns.

When I first get there, it is either my game to start getting ready for, or we are watching the high school boys team play. It usually depends on the day, but for this post we are going to start off with the high school boys. I usually film their games so their coach gets a better idea on what they need to work on at practice the next week. They usually lose (no offense) so then the girls team starts getting ready for their game. We stretch and do exercises on land until it is time to jump in and warm-up. For warm up we usually swim a few laps, egg-beater a few laps, pass for a while, and then shoot. When our warm-up is finished, we put on our caps and talk about our game strategy. When the 45-minute game is over, we talk in a circle about what we did well and what we could improve on. Since players usually have up to 4 games in a day, it is important for us to revive our bodies with water and food. If there is a lot of time in between games, we usually go out for some lunch or Jamba Juices. My favorite smoothie is Caribbean Passion... mmmmhhhh!

Water Polo Cap: I am usually #11
Photo Courtesy of : Olympics Time


After a long day of games, I go home, rest, and usually stretch out whatever I need stretching like a good athlete. Haha, just kidding! I am really not that good about my body, so I actually get a huge bowl of ice cream after dinner and finish it while watching my new favorite TV show, Grey's Anatomy.

Well I hope that you got something out from this post, and stay tuned for more coming soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment