Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Getting Ready for Pura Vida


FOURTEEN MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!! until I go to the beautiful land of Costa Rica. I am literally so excited right now. We are going with our close family friends, the Beyers. I actually didn't realize how close it was, so I basically have to order a bunch of things today. We leave April 1st, at 11:59, so it's coming up. I will miss two days of school, but who really cares when you are going to an exotic getaway. Here is a basic view from our house that we are going to rent:

Osa Peninsula
Photo Courtesy of : Destination 360

Anyway, I have very many things that I am going to pack, but the problem is that I can only take 27 pounds! This is because we are flying on a really small plane once we fly into San Jose. My packing list is as follows :


  • bucket hat (so I can look cool while I am going on adventures - oh, and to keep the sun out of my face)
  • hiking shorts (even though we will spend most of our time at the beach - and to look cool)
  • hiking pants (I heard that there are bugs there)
  • sunglasses (it's really weird how I don't have a pair of these)
  • hiking boots (to go along with my shorts and hat)
  • keen sandals (I used to gag when I saw these, but now I see the purpose)
  • bug shirts (again... BUGS!)
  • rash guard (when I surf!)
  • swim suits (no explanation needed)
  • sun dress (if I actually feel like looking nice)
  • toiletries (I would list them all but ya)
  • undergarments (^^^)
Osa Canopy Tour
Photo Courtesy of : Osa Tropical
The lady that is renting out the house to us, and she has told us about many activities that we could try out! There are many, but the one that really stood out to me was zip lining! I have been convincing my dad to let me build one in our backyard for so long, but he hasn't quite agreed so this is amazing. The zip lining company says that the rides are 1.5 hours long on different lines, and you go right over the tree tops! It sounds amazing. I even heard that they have one of the longest zip lines in the world! We also might be trying water fall repelling, jungle hikes, and snorkeling. Surfing is supposed to be amazing on the beaches that our house is situated at, so that is a major plus!

Photo Courtesy of : Surf Trip

Since my blog is about water polo and my life, I should probably incorporate some of the sport into this post. The problem is, in Costa Rica, there is literally no water polo. Most of them are probably too busy surfing or zip lining! The only picture that I could find of a water polo player from Costa Rica is this one below: 

Photo Courtesy of : News Gov

Anyway, I hope you are jealous of me and my future travels, and stay tuned for more posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment