Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

The Curly Fries Take Riverside


You're probably all thinking WHAT? Why am I even talking about curly fries? Well there is a very important reason, and it relates to water polo (oddly enough).

This weekend, my team, called the Curly Fries (I can here your Ohhhh's already), traveled to Riverside, California for a water polo tournament. Actually it was the ODP Youth Women's Nationals (results). Zones from all over the US came to this tournament to compete which is pretty cool. Our team traveled in different ways at different times, but we all managed to get to the hotel on Friday night before our tournament which started on Saturday and continued onto Sunday.

My Sister and I @ the Airport
Photo Courtesy of : Kendall Morrison (my mum)


When we got to our Hampton Inn on Friday, we were given our room assignments. I ended up rooming with my friend, Georgia, from Colorado who also stayed with us during one of the camps. we hung out in everyone's rooms until it was time for supper. The food that was brought to us were gross sandwiches from Subway and foreos (fake oreos) that were also not very good. We wanted to get ice cream, but the parents said no (sad face). After dinner, we went up to a few of my team mates' suite and had a team meeting. We basically talked about how we were going to lose but we should still try!

The next morning, we woke up at 5:30 and had some breakfast before our 7 o' clock game. The breakfast literally sucked. There wasn't even any bacon OR bread which are my two favorite foods. I settled with honey nut cheerios and orange juice. We drove to the pool in our huge mini van and played three games. We had about three hours between each game, which allowed for me to get my tan on (which was my main goal of the trip). The Mountain Zone Team (us) won our last game against Hawaii that day but lost the first two against crazy California teams.


Bus Selfie!
Photo Courtesy of : Becca Hurst

After a long day of games, we went out for pizza at this small, family-owned restaurant. We then went to this weird restaurant/ice cream parlor called Farrells for some amazing ice cream. The whole restaurant was circus themed which was also pretty cool. There were a lot of loud noises and horns going off that my friends and I weren't too excited about.



On Sunday morning, we woke up an hour later than the day before and got the same, gross breakfast. Our first game that day was against Florida, and, even though we lost, we all played really well. Before our next game, we tanned even more and got smoothies and snow cones (which was probably the best part of the trip). Sadly, we lost our last game to Hawaii, which was disappointing since we had beat them 11-3 beforehand.

From Left to Right : Rissé, Me, and Sarah
Photo Courtesy of : Sarah's Mom
My family flew home last night and didn't get in until twelve! I am currently sitting here at school, my eyes half closing. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my post about my weekend, and stay tuned for more posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment