Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Thoughts On ODP


Two weekends ago, the ODP camp took place. Overall, it was pretty fun. I met a lot of new people, and practiced my skills. Haha skills is a really funny word. Anyway, I feel like I was in the top area of the girls which is pretty good I guess. My sister also tried out, and she did well as well!

The only problem with the camp was that we didn't even get to show our skills (no comment). The reason for this was because we didn't have enough time. We spent way too long on learning how to play center defense which guards the set. Here is a good picture to show the basic diagram of water polo positions: (for more help go to www.waterpolobasics.net)


Photo Courtesy of : Rain City Polo


Only one person is the center defense on a whole team! Also, we didn't really scrimmage at all, so swimmers like my sister and I couldn't show our skills talent in beating people across the pool. there is going to be another camp in January, so hopefully we actually PLAY WATER POLO. 

I couldn't quite tell if the girls from New Mexico were being rude or just shy. At first, they seemed pretty nice because they wanted to be partners on this drill that we did, but then it was different. They seemed really annoyed whenever I missed a shot, but that was probably just my imagination. I really hope that we become good friends, since we will be spending a lot of time together if we make the team. This is how I feel about my feelings towards the girls feelings on me. Confused yet?


Photo Courtesy of: Illustration Source

One thing that I didn't know about before was the fact that there is a select team! They take three people from each team to go to this National Camp. If you get to go to the camp, you are trying out with people from all over the United States to get on a team for your age group. That team then goes all over the world! Last year they went to Hungary, and I am pretty hungry to go to Hungary, if you know what I'm saying. Just joking, I probably won't even make it to the camp, but it would be a great opportunity if I did. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my thoughts because I enjoyed sharing my feelings with you. Anyway, stay tuned for more posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment