Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanks to One Very Important Person...


Your coach!

So, today on the fine morning of Thanksgiving, I have decided to power through the rest of my homework. Yes, I know, I probably won't do that, but I thought I would try by starting off with a post! Thanksgiving Day isn't all about the drumsticks and the mashed potatoes (even though thats what my stomach thinks it's about). It's about giving thanks to everyone that has helped you achieve your goals. You don't have to thank EVERYONE per say, but you have to thank the ones that have been an important asset in your life recently. Here is a mini history lesson on The First Thanksgiving:

Thanksgiving History!
Photo Courtesy of: Wikipedia

Since this blog is about water polo, I have decided to talk about thanking your coaches. Coaches take time out of their day to help other people achieve things. That is the most unselfish thing ever! Some people may take their coaches for granted, which is totally unacceptable. Now for the ideas part.

If I think of Thanksgiving presents, I think of pie. Well, when am I not thinking about pie? So, bake your coach a pie and drop it off at their doorstep, and he may make practice a bit shorter on Monday. Here is a great recipe for pumpkin pie from my friend Amy's Blog. If you are not the baker type, pick up a card from the store, and send it to your coach.

Our Thanksgiving Dinner!
Photo Courtesy of: Me
On Thanksgiving day, it is important to help out with everything possible. A lot of stress may be going on your parents, so they would probably love for you to help out. Let's get a little extra love from our parents this fined day by grabbing some marshmallows from the pantry and sprinkling them over the sweet potatoes. (Okay I am seriously joking about the marshmallows for my family because we don't like the whole sweet junk and sweet real food mixing) - Come to think of it, I forgot to tell y'all that I am an American Citizen as of last weekend! I am now a dual with Canada as well.



Well I hope you enjoyed these fun ideas! Stay tuned for more posts coming soon!


3 comments: