Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

My Thoughts on ODP: Part 2


This post is just a wee bit late, since what I am talking about took place last year... haha get it. Oh wait, never mind. It actually happened in the beginning of January! I guess it's not that late after all!

Anyway, on the fine weekend from January 3-4, my sister, my dad, and I traveled to the amazing town of Albuquerque. Just kidding.  I hate Albuquerque. It's pretty much a drug town. Everywhere you look, people are exchanging things in brown paper bags... and I'm pretty sure it isn't lunch. We stayed in this weird part of town. There was so little people walking around (besides the druggies), that I thought we were in the middle of nowhere! Turns out that we were staying in downtown Albuquerque. I know, shocker, right!?

What People Think of Albuquerque
Photo Courtesy of: Trip Advisor
The Reality of Albuquerque
Photo Courtesy of: Wikipedia 
So, right when we got there, we were super hungry since it was right around noon. We went to this restaurant called Tucanos which is a good Brazilian grill. The buffet/salad part wasn't the best, but then my dreams came true. They had a bunch of waiters walk around with these long sticks of meat that they would cut off onto your plate. There were all different types of meat being served as well as vegetables and brown-sugar glazed pineapple! It was amazing.

Even though the food before the camp was the best part, the camp itself was still fun. There was a lot more space than there was at the Salt Lake camp, so that was a plus. We learned a lot of new skills which was also fun. After the Saturday camp session, we all went to Kelly's which is a fun little pub. Right after that, Clark and Joe (who were boys from the camp) came with us to Olo Frozen Yogurt. I basically filled my whole yogurt cup with sour gummy worms. Olo was actually the place where they filmed parts of Walking Dead which is a show about drugs (surprise, surprise: drugs in Albuquerque!). The following video is Joe being super cool at Olo, the frozen yogurt place.




A few days after the camp, we got our results back. Fortunately, Alandra (my sister) and I made the team! We were very ecstatic, and just recently ordered our team gear. It's funny because I actually just got back from the third team training camp a few hours ago, but we can save that story for another time. Stay tuned for more posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment