Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

News Update


Hey guys! I hope that everyone is enjoying their February Break. It seems like there have been a lot of breaks recently which is obviously really good - more time for water polo! Haha just joking, more like more time for swimming. Ugh... Anyway, since it is break, I thought I would write about what's going on right now, past, and future.

So first things first, a few weekends ago, we had our ODP training weekend. It was basically the same set-up as the two camps, but only the people that made it went. I thought that I played a lot better at this camp and demonstrated my skills. At this camp, we did a lot more scrimmage, so it was easier for me and my sister to show-off our swimming skills. Also, we housed two girls from Colorado who were so fun to hang out with, and thankfully, they are on my team!

The next thing on our agenda was our UT High School 3A State Championships that took place on Friday and Saturday at BYU. Our team dominated, beating everyone by at least 400 points. Our team broke a few of the state records for the relays, and two individual events - the 100 breast and 100 back. Overall, everybody swam really well. You can check out our team's results here!

Park City High School State Team
Photo Courtesy of: Salt Lake Tribune


My sister, mum, and I are all leaving for St. George tomorrow for ANOTHER swim meet. Yay for me. This one is called the UT Senior State Championships. This is the championships for club teams, and swimmers that can't go to the 14 and under UT SC State Championships. I have never even to the Senior one but supposedly, its super fun. It is a prelims-finals meet, so you swim in the morning and try to make it back in the top three heats for the afternoon. At the end of the meet, there will be an amazing pool party with a foam cannon! That is basically the whole reason why I am going.

Foam Cannon
Photo Courtesy of: Wes 

In 3 weeks, my sister and I are flying off to Riverside, California for our ODP Nationals. This is what all of the ODP camps have been preparing us for. I am super excited to go, for I haven't been in a tournament in so long. I hope our team does well, for we have a few tricks up our sleeves.

Finally, we just received some exciting news a couple weeks ago. My parents surprised my sister and I and told us that we were going to be going to Costa Rica for spring break!! I am so excited to go surfing, hiking, zip lining, and many more exciting activities on the Osa Peninsula. We will be staying there for ten days, and I just know that it's going to be the trip of a lifetime. We will be going with another family as well which will be an amazing experience.

Osa Peninsula
Photo Courtesy of: Mar 1 Sport Fishing


Anyway, I hope that this wasn't too boring for you all to read only about me. Tell me about one of your Central America vacations in the comments! Stay tuned for more posts coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment